Senior Architectural Designer
Senior Architectural Designer
IFAB Engineering Partners Ltd. is seeking serious applicants to fill the role of Senior Architectural Designer. Work is performed in collaboration with a full complement of designers and engineers from a variety of disciplines. The Senior Architectural Designer works to create drawings, details, and specifications for projects ranging from small building renovations to multi-million dollar new builds, with designs all aimed at optimization and value for the clients as well as profitability for IFAB. The person in this role is a coach and leader for architectural and building design across the company.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience with building code analysis and building design, including an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial and industrial building detailing. Experience with BIM as well as knowledge of the food and beverage industry would be seen as an asset. We seek people who are proud of their work, and who go the distance to ensure both accuracy and on time delivery. In return, we offer an opportunity to work with a first-class group of professionals, in a vibrant modern office with a culture of openness, transparency, and work/life balance. The successful candidate will benefit from an industry leading compensation package and we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement.
IFAB ENGINEERING PARTNERS
IFAB is Integrated Food and Buildings. We offer consulting services for integrated project management and multi-disciplinary building solutions in the fast-paced industrial food sector, including process optimization, project management, and full design and engineering services from original concept to capital investment analysis and then through construction to final building commissioning. We work across North America with highly recognized food producers.
Our team has been together since 2011, with the core group having worked together more than fifteen years. Recently we formalized a partnership with Dennis Group, a global consulting firm dedicated to the food and beverage sector (https://www.dennisgroup.com). This makes for added opportunities for all of our employees, both for a greater variety of projects and for company-wide opportunities.
We set ourselves apart from other consulting firms with excellent long-term client relationships, collaboration for solid solutions, and maximum efficiency in our specialized sector. Plus, we genuinely enjoy working together!
Key duties and responsibilities
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with project managers, senior designers, engineers, and technical specialists on IFAB building projects, particularly by leading good design practices for building design;
- Define a basis of design for review and calibration with clients;
- Prepare site plans and building drawings using AutoCAD or REVIT;
- Develop drawings and specification packages for site plan, building permit, procurement, and construction;
- Conduct reviews for general conformance to design and review project shop drawings;
- Participate as an active intermediate to senior level design team member, working under the direction of the discipline lead on specific projects, integrating good hygienic design, code compliance, constructability, accuracy, and effective value-added solutions for clients into building projects;
- Provide coaching to other architectural building designers on best practices and good design;
- Demonstrate and/or develops expertise in the specialty of the food sector hygienic design requirements through both research and professional experience;
- Participate in design team collaboration in order to achieve optimal design and value for the client.
- Diploma or certificate in architectural design/engineering from a recognized college, university or training institution;
- 5-10 years’ experience as a designer, structural technologist, architectural technologist, CAD technician, BIM designer, engineer or a similar role;
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with AutoCAD or REVIT;
- Demonstrated working understanding of the Ontario Building Code and the National Building Code;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong technical, organizational, coordination, and communication skills, as demonstrated through previous project work;
- Demonstrated ability and interest to work as part of a team;
- Desire to develop skills and expand career;
- Proven experience with office software such as the MS Office Suite;
- Experience in the food sector is considered an asset but is not a requirement.
Travel and working conditions
- Work is completed in a newly renovated modern office environment;
- Limited travel is necessary to support project presentations and site investigations at client sites across Canada; travel is expected to be in the range of 10%- 20% of the time, including occasionally overnight.
IFAB Engineering Partners welcomes and encourages employees from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available upon request to provide an equal opportunity workplace for everyone.