IFAB Engineering Partners Ltd. is seeking serious applicants to fill the role of Mechanical Engineer. Work is performed in collaboration with a full complement of designers and engineers from a variety of disciplines. Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will provide mechanical design expertise on a variety of projects. The Mechanical Engineer leads by example on an array of mechanical design analysis and systems implementation. This role provides the opportunity to utilize technical skills, to stay abreast of industry standards and trends, and to be a key team player to the successful completion of IFAB projects.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience working as a mechanical engineer on commercial and/or industrial buildings. Added experience leading a design team and knowledge of the food and beverage sector would highlight an exemplary candidate. We seek people who are proud of their work, and who go the distance to ensure both accuracy and on time delivery. In return, we offer an opportunity to work with a first-class group of professionals, in a vibrant modern office with a culture of openness, transparency, and work/life balance. The successful candidate will benefit from an industry leading compensation package and we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement.
IFAB ENGINEERING PARTNERS
IFAB is Integrated Food and Buildings. We offer integrated project management for multi-disciplinary building solutions in the fast-paced industrial food sector, including process optimization, project management, and full design and engineering services from original concept to capital investment analysis and then through construction to final building commissioning. We work across North America with highly recognized food producers.
Our team has been together since 2011, with the core group having worked together more than fifteen years. Recently we formalized a partnership with Dennis Group, a global consulting firm dedicated to the food and beverage sector (https://www.dennisgroup.com). This makes for added opportunities for all of our employees, both for a greater variety of projects and for company-wide opportunities.
We set ourselves apart from other consulting firms with excellent long-term client relationships, collaboration for solid solutions, and maximum efficiency in our specialized sector. Plus, we genuinely enjoy working together!
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with designers, fellow engineers, technical specialists, and project managers to design optimized industrial and commercial facilities;
- Evaluate and interpret project requirements in order to develop innovative and good value solutions to clients’ needs;
- Develop HVAC, plant utility, plumbing and fire suppression systems, mechanical/utility equipment construction specifications;
- Create P&ID’s, equipment layout plans, plant/process utility distribution plans and system details;
- Support project managers with design work and coordination of approvals as required;
- Review shop drawings and perform site observations to validate general conformance to design;
- Work under the guidance of the Mechanical Engineering Manager to develop design skills and ensure design quality standards are met.
- Degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized college, university, or training institution;
- Minimum of three years of experience;
- Minimum requirement of enrollment in the EIT program, with certification as a Professional Engineer expected in the next 1-2 years[HVS1] ;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong technical, organizational, coordination, and communication skills, as demonstrated through previous project work;
- Demonstrated ability and interest to work as part of a team;
- Desire to develop skills and expand career;
- Proven experience with office software such as the MS Office Suite; and
- Experience in the Food and Beverage Industry considered an asset but is not a requirement.
Travel and Working Conditions
- Work is generally completed in a newly renovated office environment;
- Some travel is necessary to support project presentations at client sites across Canada; travel is expected to be 15-20% of the time, with some overnight stays expected.